Top Reasons to Adopt:
- Because you’ll save a life. Each year, millions of adoptable cats are euthanized in the United States because too few people consider adoption first when looking for a pet. When you adopt a cat from Ark Cat Sanctuary, you save a loving animal by making them part of your family and open up shelter space for another animal who might desperately need it.
- Because you’ll get a great cat. Animal shelters and rescue groups are brimming with happy, healthy pets just waiting for someone to take them home. Most shelter pets wound up there because of a human problem like a move or a divorce, not because the animals did anything wrong. Many are already housetrained and used to living with families.
- Because it will cost you less. When you adopt a pet from the Ark, the cost of spay/neuter, first vaccinations, and even microchipping is included in the adoption price, which can save you some of the up front costs of adding a new member to your family.
- Because of the bragging rights. No one needs to see another selfie—unless it’s a selfie of you with the adorable kitten you just adopted! Adopt a cat, post those pictures and let the well-earned likes roll in.
- Because adopted cats are good for your health. Not only do animals give you unconditional love, but they have been shown to be psychologically, emotionally and physically beneficial to their companions. Caring for a pet can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment and lessen feelings of loneliness. When you adopt from the Ark, you can also feel proud about helping an animal in need!
- Because you’ll change a homeless animal’s whole world. And get a new best friend out of the deal. Seriously, what could be better than that?